triumph tigers, anyone got some info?

jeepurz
This post is 5502 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

dont hang out on any boards that deal with newer triumphs, So ill post it here and take the abuse, who knows anything about the triumph tiger 2000 model, Im kickin around gettin one and found what I thinks a deal. Does anyone have any knowledge on these bikes???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

apparently you can get a breather kit for them that takes 30mins to fit, increase mid range power and fuel economy,

i've always fancied the tiger myself, but the older ones had a problem with the clutch thrust bearing, just check how easy it goes through the gears

Like Jordan and the Triumph Trophy, I'd expect it to be quite top heavy.

However, in a rare moment of usefulness, let me share with you the Owner's Review of a 955i Triumph Tiger from a work colleague of mine;

“Produced from 2000-2007. The engine is that classic Triumph triple that is also fitted to the Daytona and Speed Triple models, but detuned to give stacks of torque and flat torque curve, that makes for easy riding on A and B roads whilst returning around 50mpg. The styling is quasi off-road, and there are many owners who have fitted knobbly tyres and done that, but it is a heavy bike and not really suited serious off road duties like Charlie and Ewan did on the Road of Bones in the “Wrong Way Round”.

It has soft long-travel suspension as standard, which makes it comfortable for touring and the upright riding position and wide bars make it as easy to ride around town as on the open road. The mixed duty tyres give tremendous grip and last up to 10,000 miles at the rear. With a Scottoiler fitted, the chain lasts up to 25,000 miles until the front sprocket wears out.

Worthwhile accessories fitted to mine include a centre stand, heated grips and up-rated suspension (to stop nose dive under braking). Other modifications are a cut-down screen to reduce wind noise and engine bars to protect from low speed falls (very worthwhile for a tall bike). Irritations include the corrosion on some of the fixings and the greenish lighting on the white clocks, which is difficult to read under the yellow lights that we use in our towns and cities. Pluses are comfort, ease of riding, 200mile plus range between fill-ups, and the tyre-life”.

If you come to Reading on a weekday, I'll arrange for you to talk with Simon about it directly ;)

Like Jordan and the Triumph Trophy, I'd expect it to be quite top heavy.

However, in a rare moment of usefulness, let me share with you the Owner's Review of a 955i Triumph Tiger from a work colleague of mine;

“Produced from 2000-2007. The engine is that classic Triumph triple that is also fitted to the Daytona and Speed Triple models, but detuned to give stacks of torque and flat torque curve, that makes for easy riding on A and B roads whilst returning around 50mpg. The styling is quasi off-road, and there are many owners who have fitted knobbly tyres and done that, but it is a heavy bike and not really suited serious off road duties like Charlie and Ewan did on the Road of Bones in the “Wrong Way Round”.

It has soft long-travel suspension as standard, which makes it comfortable for touring and the upright riding position and wide bars make it as easy to ride around town as on the open road. The mixed duty tyres give tremendous grip and last up to 10,000 miles at the rear. With a Scottoiler fitted, the chain lasts up to 25,000 miles until the front sprocket wears out.

Worthwhile accessories fitted to mine include a centre stand, heated grips and up-rated suspension (to stop nose dive under braking). Other modifications are a cut-down screen to reduce wind noise and engine bars to protect from low speed falls (very worthwhile for a tall bike). Irritations include the corrosion on some of the fixings and the greenish lighting on the white clocks, which is difficult to read under the yellow lights that we use in our towns and cities. Pluses are comfort, ease of riding, 200mile plus range between fill-ups, and the tyre-life”.

If you come to Reading on a weekday, I'll arrange for you to talk with Simon about it directly ;)

appreciate your time to write this, I was getting a lot of " someone said" info. everyone around here is cruiser crazey since I cut my teeth on 70's dual sports ive always kinda liked em. I was worried about the top heavy part.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online