Metal Carb holders for FZR-400's???

junker
This post is 5623 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

were the carburetor joints (intake Boots) of the FZR-400 ('88-'89ish) metal? I saw a video on youtube of a guy polishing what he claimed to be the carb holders for a fzr-400!

Another Question I Have is if the carb holders are compatible with a first generation fz600? I also read on a summary of the fz-600 that it was basically a bored out fzr-400 motor, if thats true, then there should be a lot in common. But given that if they are metal; there wont be much room for error as like the cracked rubber ones that i have that are very forgiving to bending, and squishing.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

were the carburetor joints (intake Boots) of the FZR-400 ('88-'89ish) metal? I saw a video on youtube of a guy polishing what he claimed to be the carb holders for a fzr-400!

Another Question I Have is if the carb holders are compatible with a first generation fz600? I also read on a summary of the fz-600 that it was basically a bored out fzr-400 motor, if thats true, then there should be a lot in common. But given that if they are metal; there wont be much room for error as like the cracked rubber ones that i have that are very forgiving to bending, and squishing.

I have some metal carb boots from an FZR I broke a year or two ago. I think they are from the same model that takes the 38mm (instead of 41mm) forks. I'm not certain if it's the 3EN1 or earlier. The 3EN2 (which is mainly what most of my project bits are for) uses rubber boots.

Hope this helps.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online