No spark since the rain

Alex92
This post is 5622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys i was on my tzr and out in the rain and i drove home, changed the jets in my carb my mom bought me, ran it up and down the drive and let it idle in the garage for about 20 seconds and it cut out as if a wire was bridged.

My killswitch has already been bypassed and its not my stand switch.

There is only 0.06 volts going to the coil and normal voltage (9.6/10/11v) i think going to the live wire on the cdi unit. There is no visible spark at all and holding the spark plug and turning it over does not shock me at all. Has anybody else had this problem before or does anybody have any ideas or a way of testing the cdi unit? Many thanks,

Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks 4 all ur help

i would sujest remove the batery charge it using bike charger remove cdi leav it in house to dry out then plug it all back in and give it another go

and also try cleaning the HT leads

sorry never had one but they are all problem i had when i had a 50cc

i would sujest remove the batery charge it using bike charger remove cdi leav it in house to dry out then plug it all back in and give it another go

and also try cleaning the HT leads

sorry never had one but they are all problem i had when i had a 50cc

Good idea to dry everything out properly first. Apart from that you need to check the LT side of the ignition circuit with a voltmeter/ammeter but you are going to need a wiring diagram for that. CDI units are pretty hard to diagnose i'm afraid except by exchanging them.

Let us know how you get on.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online