1973 250 MX

MAS
This post is 5491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have a really nice 73 MX 250, I bought it from the oringinal owner, Still has the bike shop sticker on it, Anyways I was puttin around on it and lost spark, I wondering where the problem typically is, A place to start, I took the stator cover off and it looks brand new, Any help would be great

Thanks

MAS

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I have a really nice 73 MX 250, I bought it from the oringinal owner, Still has the bike shop sticker on it, Anyways I was puttin around on it and lost spark, I wondering where the problem typically is, A place to start, I took the stator cover off and it looks brand new, Any help would be great

Thanks

MAS

Hi MAS, check the kill switch isnt on, if thats ok try a new plug, if that fails to spark disconnect the black / white from the Ignition coil and with a multimeter check that it isnt down to earth there.

...Paul

Have you tried a new spark plug, you may have fouled it puttin around.

• 1 month later...

Hi MAS, check the kill switch isnt on, if thats ok try a new plug, if that fails to spark disconnect the black / white from the Ignition coil and with a multimeter check that it isnt down to earth there.

...Paul

Hey Thanks for the help Paul I still havent figured it out, Havent worked on it since posting this either, I will try that and post what I find :bc: I forgot to mention that after putting new plug in if I kick it over normally I have no spark, If kicked hard I have spark

Have you tried a new spark plug, you may have fouled it puttin around.

Ya that was the first thing I tried Thanks

if I kick it over normally I have no spark, If kicked hard I have spark

Weak magneto?

my dad was telling me about how his dad used to have an old BSA with a sidecar with a weak magneto, he used to take the spark plug out and warm it up on the stove or using a blowlamp to get it going, the bloke he sold the bike to put a new mag in it and it went well after that :)

its worth considering, not sure if you can test them or not

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online