Yamaha XVS 250cc 2004 Model

Davie J
This post is 5623 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I'm new to biking except the Honda MBX 50cc I had in the mid 80s, I've just got a Yamaha XVS 250cc 2004 Model for £1700 (was going for £1850) with only just over 9000 miles on the clock & in mint condition, I love the look & sound of it B) . Any tips & advice on this bike are very welcome. What you think of the price?

I want to get a luggage rack & box that can take my 'lid' & all the other gear, can anyone tell me where I can get this from? I live in Romford, Essex, Also would it be fitted so it sits on the top of the end of the bike? I hope so as it's 7 foot long as it is & I can only just get it into my garage width ways as it is , I hope it won't make the bike longer by Protruding at the back. ;)

People seem to compare this bike to the Honda Shadow, what do you lot think of the 2? It's hard to get a new Cruiser 250cc bike in the UK unless you go for an unknown make. <_<

Thanks

Davie J :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First things first - Welcome to the forum! (and to yamaha ownership)

You might not like what I'm about to say, but remember - it's just my opinion, others on here might be a bit nicer about it...

I've just got a Yamaha XVS 250cc 2004 Model for £1700
Oh dear... :unsure:

It's hard to get a new Cruiser 250cc bike in the UK
(In my humble opinion) There is no point in 250 cruisers - you may as well have got a 125 as there's very little difference between the two and the 650 is just miles better.

Any tips & advice on this bike are very welcome.

What you think of the price?

The bike is rare, so parts and accessories are gonna be hard to find and expensive. Selling might also be a major ball-ache.

I wouldn't buy one at that price. (you can get a 650 for that kinda money)

I want to get a luggage rack & box that can take my 'lid' & all the other gear
A BOX?!?!?!?!?!! ON A CRUISER?!?!?!?!!!!! GTFO... :icon_arrow:

Panniers(saddlebags), sissy bar with rack + luggage, tankbag - but no box!

Have a look at http://www.jafrum.com/

People seem to compare this bike to the Honda Shadow, what do you lot think of the 2?
We wouldn't be on the Yamaha Owners Club if we prefered Hondas now would we??

Ride safe ay...

OK, time for my input.... Not much different to Cov, really;

What you think of the price?

Yep, that's a good price for the mileage, condition etc.

You could have had a 125 Drag for exactly the same.

Then again, I got my 650 Drag for £1700 too...

I want to get a luggage rack & box that can take my 'lid' & all the other gear, can anyone tell me where I can get this from?

Well, you can get one.

Givi will do big boxes that bolt on to the top and sides of Cruisers.

They look fucking awful, though - Just like big black boxes that you've bolted on.

For lid, use the helmet lock.

Or just get used to wearing leathers all the time and looking damn cool!!

Carry a change of clothes for work.

I do.

People seem to compare this bike to the Honda Shadow, what do you lot think of the 2?

I hate the Shadow, myself.

Lovely bike, very reliable in the way that only a Honda can be.... but feels awful to ride.

My Drag has a nice relaxed position. The Shadow is more of a "Sit up and have everyone look at you" shape.

There is no point in 250 cruisers - you may as well have got a 125 as there's very little difference between the two and the 650 is just miles better.

Should have gotten a 650, really....

Even if you're restricted to 33bhp, it's a far better ride.

More spacious, more performance, better handling, more fuel, shaft drive...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online