Here we go again....

Ryan09
This post is 5480 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right put my engine back together all nicely and started it. Sounds great nice amount of compression etc

Took it for a ride today and got about 2mile down the road when it sounding like there was a mouse in the engine and the bike cut out, ( didnt seize thank god) walked it home and stripped it down again to find coolant on top of the piston

.... shit okay, checks gasket (top one) split which has let the coolant through ... nice.

Round two begins and i was looking at the bottom end bearing and noticed a little bit of excessive play so thought hmm wonder if itl be hard to strip? so my next challenge is the big end.

Bring it on!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah definately....... lol

Okay, i was just having a quick read through my manual and it says that the free play is okay between 0.2 - 0.7mm so im sure im okay and il just leave it. Waiting for a new gasket set now.

Okay, i was just having a quick read through my manual and it says that the free play is okay between 0.2 - 0.7mm so im sure im okay and il just leave it. Waiting for a new gasket set now.

My 2002 offroad DT has a leak that mixing oil n 2 stroke :(. Might just have not tightened it down to thr right torque settings in my eagerness to make her pop again after re bore haha we shall see on wednesday........