DT High Bean switch guts

This post is 5545 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello,

I am gettin gready for my DOT (government inspection) of my DT 50. I took the left clutch lever switch assembly off to try blowing contact cleaner on my switches, my horn was not working too well. The high beam switch fel apart. Inside the black button that you slide back and forth is a clear plastic slide with brass contacts and a spring and ball bearing. The whole plastic contraption feel apart. No more headlights. I had to wire up a temporary SPDT switch for now, but it is ugly on my handle bars.

Does anyone know where to buy the clear plastic guts to a high beam switch. Parts list only shows the whole left lever assembly as yamaha parts.

I am thinking I might need to visit a bike junkyard. Does anyone know of other bikes that the switch assemblys might be similar on. I just took a horn from a 1980 Yamahopper moped (QT 50).

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

as far as im aware you can't buy the horn bits seperately, i bought a whole new switchgear set off ebay (£25) because the horn button had fallen apart and the casing had cracked so every time i pulled the clutch lever it flexed

it may be worth pulling the switches out and installing some proper SPDT switches for the highbeam/low beam switch and a SPST switch for the headlight on/off button, same with the horn.

visit your local maplins, or i think its "radio shack" over there, and see if you can find a switch that would fit

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online