help with bigbore kit

shawny2009
This post is 5626 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all im new i recently fitted a 70cc big bore kit to my areox 50 and have recieved no speed gains it has an exhaust but other than that i have done nothing what else could be restricting my bike to 50mph its a valentino rossi 2005 model

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

usually on peds there is a washer behind the variator on the back wheel which prevents it opening fully, the 70 kit will only increase your power and not your top speed, i suggest you consider a Polini variator kit so you can change the gearing for extra speed

you need to derestrict the air filter inlet on the filter box filter inlet carb inlet variator rolers need to be lightend 100cc exhaust would be advised (my preferd would be a leo vince) cdi restrict cable restrict (acelorator) drill out exhaust restrictor

those are all things that could be a posible problem my 50c ped/bike does 55mph and have hit 62mph and im 15.5stone 6ft2 so myn's pulling guite good atm nout compaird to my 660cc thogh