YZF 750 R SPEEDO PROBLEM

EwOkIE
This post is 5627 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My mate just bought exact same bike same as mine, but the only fault we can find is that the speedo guage goes up and down, not steady?.. looked at the cable all seems fine, checked to see if there where any blockages, all's well!

Just when you go, it goes up and down :huh:

---------

Just noticed, that where the connection is made at front wheel, the part which screws in there is a small rubber washer and which looks like there is a (hard to explain) a sleeve for the cable thingy ??? does that make sense?

Cant compare next to mind, coz the missus dropped me off and Im 30 miles from my bike :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

As long as your inner cable is properly lubricated and both ends of the outer are firmly attached it may only be the cold weather especially if your cable has been lubed with a wheel bearing type grease. This type of grease works fine but can get a bit sticky in the cold until it warms.

Never use too much. grease the cable and wipe with a rag what's left will be plenty for the next 12 months.

Your speedo drive on the wheel may also need similar attention. Wash it out and re-lube.