***Wanted***Bent fork tube

fazerider
This post is 5474 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

If anybody has a damaged fork tube/stanchion would you let me know?

I am after the 'Shuttle' in the base of it, thats the bit with the plastic ring inside which is secured right at the base of the tube with a rolled lip (it's what the damper rod slides up & down in).

I damaged mine when fitting a replacement and desperately need one, the bike has been off the road for over 2 weeks and it's costing me in train fares.

If you have one then I only need the bottom few inches of the tube with the unit still inside, I have tried various breakers but all their tubes are straight and usable.

The bike is a May '03 FZS600 Fazer, but I'm pretty sure that the internals are the same throughout the range.

Thanks guys,

In desperation,

Martin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

If anybody has a damaged fork tube/stanchion would you let me know?

I am after the 'Shuttle' in the base of it, thats the bit with the plastic ring inside which is secured right at the base of the tube with a rolled lip (it's what the damper rod slides up & down in).

I damaged mine when fitting a replacement and desperately need one, the bike has been off the road for over 2 weeks and it's costing me in train fares.

If you have one then I only need the bottom few inches of the tube with the unit still inside, I have tried various breakers but all their tubes are straight and usable.

The bike is a May '03 FZS600 Fazer, but I'm pretty sure that the internals are the same throughout the range.

Thanks guys,

In desperation,

Martin

There are some bent 08 ones on the bay for best offer the buy it nows 50, might get them cheap if its costing you in fares it could be an option maybee. What would a new 'shuttle' cost?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online