fj1200 clutch bleed, change fluid

GRIZZLY
This post is 5453 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys B) ,

have a problem with a 3cv clutch, poss needs bleeding so i am told by previous owner, symptoms are after engaging 1st gear the lever is right on the bar and the merest release and the bike is rolling.....

changing up is ok, but changing down is clunky,

have bled brake systems before wot a delight that is.................

But have not come across a slave cylinder system, is it just the same as bleeding the brakes using the nipple on the slave as per the nipple on a brake caliper, hose and recepticle etc? & lots of patience !!!

Many Thanks :mellow:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Yes it's just the same as bleeding the brakes, but I think you will find that the clutch slave seals have blown.

If you bleed the system and the problem persists change seals, it's a very easy job and the seals are pretty cheap.

Adam.

Hi

Yes it's just the same as bleeding the brakes, but I think you will find that the clutch slave seals have blown.

If you bleed the system and the problem persists change seals, it's a very easy job and the seals are pretty cheap.

Adam.

THANKS FOR THAT ADAM, WILL GIVE IT A GO AND SEE WOT HAPPENS!!

If it is the seals, no doubt I'll find that out too!!

CHEERS KEITH ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Adam.

Hi Adam, can you help to locate a oem tank bra for 1993 FJ1200 ABS? New to this forum stuff. All the best, JF

• 1 month later...

Sorry Secamam

We never had them in the UK, only seen pics of them from Australia/USA.

Adam.

Thanks Adam. Just changed oil and now get a puff of blue smoke on cold start up. Bike has 40,000 miles on it. Any ideas why this might be happening? Have been faithful in oil changes and use only top grade bike oil. Secaman

If the bike has had any lapses in service (Valve shims checked) i would guess at one or more of the valve seats being dirty due to carbon deposits. This occurs when the shims are negleted for long periods. It could also be valve stem seals.

Both are fairly easy, but quite time consuming jobs to do as its a head off task.

Adam.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online