help wanted please

finchy
This post is 5628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all need to pick your brains,ihave a dragstar 1100 classic 51 plate,pressed the start button the other day and it just werd.starter motor turns but does nothing else,i could go through everything i have done but open to help,rang yamaha uk but could not help me please please help sun out but stuck inside lol.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hmm doesnt sound good after what I've read in the past, that a heck of an engine to crank over and it seems the starter motor isnt always up to the job, hope its not too serious but you better read...This

Why not pop into the bar and announce youre arrival here... ;)

Hmm doesnt sound good after what I've read in the past, that a heck of an engine to crank over and it seems the starter motor isnt always up to the job, hope its not too serious but you better read...This

Why not pop into the bar and announce youre arrival here... ;)

cheers mate my starter looks to be ok ,had the engine stripped looks as if it could be the starter clutch as any one else had this problem

starter clutches are notorious for wearing, especially on a big engine.

usually can be done with the engine in situ, but still a pain to do.

Aye - Sorry to say, it's a common fault with some 1100 Drags, mate.

Best bet is a replacement one off eBay, Partfinder or somesuch.

Aye - Sorry to say, it's a common fault with some 1100 Drags, mate.

Best bet is a replacement one off eBay, Partfinder or somesuch.

thanks for that do you know any one who has removed the rotorarm cant get this sucker off cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online