dt125re please help coil clicking

This post is 5546 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys when i switch the ignition on and then press the electric start button it just clicks i have stripped it down and found it is clicking from the coil what does this mean please help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys when i switch the ignition on and then press the electric start button it just clicks i have stripped it down and found it is clicking from the coil what does this mean please help

Most likely a bad connection, the click you hear is probably the solenoid relay, check the connections on the battery terminals and on this solenoid relay make sure they are clean and not loose. also applies if there is any ground cable from any engine mounting to battery.

Most likely a bad connection, the click you hear is probably the solenoid relay, check the connections on the battery terminals and on this solenoid relay make sure they are clean and not loose. also applies if there is any ground cable from any engine mounting to battery.

checked them all and they all fine dont suppose you have any other suggestions

checked them all and they all fine dont suppose you have any other suggestions

If you are happy with the connections you could try bridging the heavy duty connections on the starter relay, use something that will take a big current such as a battery jump lead, if the starter motor turns ok then the starter relay must be at fault if not then the starter motor is at fault.

If you are happy with the connections you could try bridging the heavy duty connections on the starter relay, use something that will take a big current such as a battery jump lead, if the starter motor turns ok then the starter relay must be at fault if not then the starter motor is at fault.

will try tommorow and will let you no

its definetly my starter motor as nothing happens when i bridge it but i carnt even get the starter off now lol

its definetly my starter motor as nothing happens when i bridge it but i carnt even get the starter off now lol

so just confirm that it has two heavy duty connectors and you bridged those.

also connect a jump lead from battery negative to an engine mounting bolt, just to eliminate a bad earth fault.

Hi ,best you make sure you have power at the solenoid on one of the large terminals from the battery + ....

Tim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online