Big Bore or Engine Swap on SR125 - Daft I know!

uniquefzrfreak
This post is 5482 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've minted up a running SR125 (like seriously gone to town on it! - hacked the exhaust and fitted a custom slash pipe, cut and plastex'd the rear fender to make it less fugly, with replacement bullet rear brake light etc - full bright yellow! respray with Yamaha 50th Anniversary speed square decals) I'm ready to hit the road, but the engine is the made from the best of the worst bits from 3 knackered bikes.... Typical top end rattle.

As I've got to sort this out at some stage, does anyone know of a straight engine swap with a higher CC.

...Or a big bore kit?

I'm aware that the exhaust comes out the left (instead of the right) side of the bike on the SR250, so this isn't an option unless I cut and weld the frame neck.

BTW: Does anyone know if the shock springs are removable on this bike as I want to powder coat them yellow.

PS: Why did I do this to begin with! it was supposed to be a commuter while I build my FZR project! - :wacko

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've minted up a running SR125 (like seriously gone to town on it! - hacked the exhaust and fitted a custom slash pipe, cut and plastex'd the rear fender to make it less fugly, with replacement bullet rear brake light etc - full bright yellow! respray with Yamaha 50th Anniversary speed square decals) I'm ready to hit the road, but the engine is the made from the best of the worst bits from 3 knackered bikes.... Typical top end rattle.

As I've got to sort this out at some stage, does anyone know of a straight engine swap with a higher CC.

...Or a big bore kit?

I'm aware that the exhaust comes out the left (instead of the right) side of the bike on the SR250, so this isn't an option unless I cut and weld the frame neck.

BTW: Does anyone know if the shock springs are removable on this bike as I want to powder coat them yellow.

PS: Why did I do this to begin with! it was supposed to be a commuter while I build my FZR project! - :wacko

Just a thought would a TW 200 engine or parts of fit?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online