MT-03 indicators

barwell1992
This post is 5627 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well my dad got his new XT660X at the week end and it has some nice small indicators on it and i want some for my MT-03 but when i opend his up there wasent any resistors or relays in the line unlike what i was expecting but there is a relay with the old bulb light that we got with it as well so im confused as people have sead they flash realy fast if there isant a relay or resister but they they dont flash fast at all they are just right so i was wondering would i just be able to remove the old ones and the relay of my MT-03 and attatch the new one becase thats what it looks like to me :S

also any one know if the CO2 mod for the XT660 works on the MT-03 as they are basikly the same bike

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not quite sure what your saying there.

Have you tried the new LED indicators on the MT ?? What normally happens is you'd put the relay in place of the bulb (in simple terms this is) and this would power the LEDS, if you wired it right !!

As for the O2 mod, it depends if the ECU is the same, it's the same motor but the power delivery is different. My Z isn't the same as the X or the R.

Not quite sure what your saying there.

Have you tried the new LED indicators on the MT ?? What normally happens is you'd put the relay in place of the bulb (in simple terms this is) and this would power the LEDS, if you wired it right !!

As for the O2 mod, it depends if the ECU is the same, it's the same motor but the power delivery is different. My Z isn't the same as the X or the R.

ohh sorry im dislexic so not to good at sentence structure any way in simple turms my dads xt660x just has straight wires to the indicators not resistor or extra relay box things

now the old indicators(bulb ones) are atached to some relay boxes/rezistor thing that the new ones dont have.

sorry finding it hard to explane in other words led indicators are not conected to any think apart from the power and the standard relay box (i think) where as the old ones had a resistor pass through cable by the looks of things

i might drop the indicator off the XT660x and try it on my MT just to see it works

and hmm carnt find any thing about the CO2 thing on the MT think its because the bikes not that popular what you do with the xt660 is hold down the 2 clock buttons turn it off and back on while keeping the buttons pressed will get you in to the diagnostic screen and show 4 sylinders obv only one is able to be selected and from there the CO2 will be set to 5 (arounds about) and then needs ajusting to 15-18 somthing like that now what makes me think i can do it on the MT is it shows 4 cylinders so seems like it workes on diforent bikes.

shame i carnt try this atm because im at my girlfriends house

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online