need help please

robanglim
This post is 5632 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

sorru to bother u guys ,but need help ,is it possible to fit crash bungs on the side of my 1987 fz 600 ,i cant see anywhere at all were i can put them any ideas would be awsome thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey guys the bracket thing didnt work im really stuck now :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad: i put it on a piece of metal that i attached to the fairing bracket but it sways so its not going to protect anything any help at all welcome thanks everyone

Can't really help myself, mate.

I know feck all about the bike.

However - There must be a place where the fairing bolts to the frame somewhere. Can you not replace that bolt with the one that attaches the bung?

I'm always weary of bungs that mount on brackets. I've known brackets to shear off in an accident resulting in extensive damage. If it's got to be bracket fit, R&G is the only way to go. In fact, I wouldn't use anything other then R&G ever.

On the FZ600, R&G make ones that bolt directly to the engine by removing the original casing bolt.