Another new kid in town

mike1949
This post is 5631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there.

Have been watching forum the last week while on holiday and seems very friendly, so here goes.

I haven't been a biker for long (for my age), only twenty years and mainly 250's but as my lad was getting older and heavier I needed a bigger bike so chose a divvy 600 which takes us everywhere (we follow are local non-league football club)

The reason I was looking at the forum last week was the bike wouldn't start. After buying and fitting a new solenoid it still wouldn't start so I bought and fitted a new starter relay and it still wouldn't start, so I started doing a continuity test and although it wasn't obvious at first the cable that runs from the starter button down to the relay was corroded at the block connector therefore not connecting. So instead of paying approx 100.00 I could have fixed it for nothing.

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online