1976 XS650C wiring help

p48ker
This post is 5629 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi new member just bought XS650C been in storage 10 years 4500 miles

put in new battery electric start doesnt do anything 1 indicator comes on

there are a few disconnected wires in the headlight from the LH handle bar switch

no spark or power to coils or points I looked at a black and white wiring diagram and its not helping

as colours seem to change can anyone help with a color drawing or tell me where the flasher wires are supposed to plug in from the switch and the front flashers.

Why no spark ? what should I check

Thanks Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

theres a load of stuff that cou;ld be wrong, check the fuses, solonoid(where the red battery wire goes), try checking the ignition switch is working, too much to list, try this link,here, wiring diagrams,here, hope this helps its about the most informative xs650 forums on the web. also here

my guess would be the kill switch is unplugged in headlight shell, The basic wiring chart is the same up to 79 after that its different, the only difference in the 76 is addition or relocation of warning light crap or safty relays. Do you get elect start if you jump the solonoid? What happens if you kick it?

Hi thanks both for the help

it was a combination

red /white plugged in wrong connectors kill switch not conected etc etc all in the headlight

got sparks and fired right up

thanks for the help

Mike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online