DT 175MX reed valves

col68
This post is 5556 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

have finally got my bike on the road wondered if any of you clever old fellas can help me bike use to start second kick everytime have put hytec reeds in and also BIG ONE tail pipe now is a bit of a pig to start once running seems ok should i have to alter any settings

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

did you change the fuel mixture?, if you have added a free-flowing pipe and larger reeds you should adjust the carb for more fuel flow to counteract the increased airflow.

lean bikes can be hard to start...

did you change the fuel mixture?, if you have added a free-flowing pipe and larger reeds you should adjust the carb for more fuel flow to counteract the increased airflow.

lean bikes can be hard to start...

thanks dont suppose you know the settings or is it trial and error

Hi Darren, Before you adjust the mixture screw just check you havent got any leaks between carb to inlet rubber mount and between rubber mount to reed cage. start the bike and warm it up to a steady idle, then while its running spray all around these joints with WD40 and listen for any change in engine noise, a change would indicate a leak, and a leak would mean lean running which can be fatal!!

settings change according to what mods you have and individual running conditions. as suggested above, check for leaks, perished seals, e.t.c

settings change according to what mods you have and individual running conditions. as suggested above, check for leaks, perished seals, e.t.c
cheers fellas will check the above

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online