Automatic clutch

wild foamy
This post is 5636 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

found out yesterday that the jawa has an automatic clutch, meaning that when you move the gear lever to change gear, it will disengage the clutch, select the gear and wont engage the clutch again until you move the lever back to centre without even having to touch the clutch lever.

is this a common thing on most bikes and how does it work? im quite amazed, lol! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tell

me

you're

taking

the

piss?

Tell me you know about wet clutches, synchro-meshes and all that?

Tell me I won't have to sent The Taskmistress round to kick the living FECK out of you with her Pulse Rifle!!!!

(she is a mean one, believe me... and deadly with a shotgun).

hi everyone.

found out yesterday that the jawa has an automatic clutch, meaning that when you move the gear lever to change gear, it will disengage the clutch, select the gear and wont engage the clutch again until you move the lever back to centre without even having to touch the clutch lever.

is this a common thing on most bikes and how does it work? im quite amazed, lol! :lol:

Hi,

I wondered if you had found this feature, dunno why Jawa fitted it as the only thing I found to do with it was to pop wheelies ... drop her into first rev the nuts out of it take foot of the gear change lever ... heypresto an odd bike with the front wheel in the air (not so good when the wheel hits the deck as the front forks are well soft. The idea, I guess, was to ensure that the agricultural gear change had the clutch in use as the change happened. At the design time most of the jap bikes could change gear ( when moving without a clutch, in fact I tend not to use the clutch when off the mark as you get much slicker changes) the Jawa g/box would never cope with it so the clever Slovaks produced this system. Other bikes that use the gear change pedal to opperate the clutch are bikes like Yamaha T50/80 & the Honda C50/70/90. Not many other bikes use this system, but just think of the wheelies you can pull !!!! :D

Regards Jim

had the Jawa up on blocks in the garden checking that all the gears were engaging, couldn't get it past second just riding it around the estate :)

the forks are being swapped for a set of RD350 forks, so that will rpboably help when landing the wheelies :)

Hi,

0 & the Honda C50/70/90. Not many other bikes use this system, but just think of the wheelies you can pull !!!! :D

Regards Jim

haha, that takes me back, used to hold down the lever, give a hand full or revs and let the lever go...great fun on the old step thru's :lol:

had the Jawa up on blocks in the garden checking that all the gears were engaging, couldn't get it past second just riding it around the estate :)

the forks are being swapped for a set of RD350 forks, so that will rpboably help when landing the wheelies :)

Hi

so has the 'slovak hog' got all its cogs ? or has it been to the Dentist ?

Regards Jim

that technique has been adapted now for scooters...

stand on the back footpegs and lean back as far as you can, rev it and hold the back break on, let the brake go and pull the front of the bike up, should give an impressive wheelie.

mate of mine managed to throw down his week old peugeot speedfight in budgens carpark when he pulled a wheelie and slipped off the back, there were 3 or 4 of us sat on our bikes who all promptly doubled over with laughter, was an impressive sight though, quite possibly the longest crash in history :lol:

haha, that takes me back, used to hold down the lever, give a hand full or revs and let the lever go...great fun on the old step thru's :lol:

Hi OG

It was great fun the only problem was too much gas .... and you lost the rear number plate :thud:

Regards Jim

Hi

so has the 'slovak hog' got all its cogs ? or has it been to the Dentist ?

Regards Jim

the big blue dragon does indeed have all its cogs, no dentures required :)

the big blue dragon does indeed have all its cogs, no dentures required :)

Hi,

So how come you didnt get the bike out of second ? a gear change problem or was it a bit fast :lol:

Regards Jim

think of it like the DeLorean from back to the future, you need enough road to get it up to 88mph :lol:

hmm

will it do 88 mph :D I guess it may if you take ur foot of the gear change pedal .. nor turn it into a kick start !!!!

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online