MikesXS.com parts for a 81 XS 400 compatibility

heylawnguy
This post is 5548 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I need to get some new carb holders for my 1981 XS 400 Special II and I read on this forum somewhere that you can get carb parts for this model from mikes XS, and I just wanted to confirm that if I order them from mikes XS that the carb model BS34CV for the XS 650 is the same carb that was used on the XS 400. So then will all parts listed for that carb work on my xs 400 like carb rebuild kits, pod filters, carb holders, clamps, screws, etc. Thanks for the clarification.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ive ordered individual carb parts from him and had no probs with compatibility. I have tried to contact him on interchange but all he told me was that he had no way of knowing. Ive found a lot of stuff on ebay and did my homework to find out what interchanges.

just make sure you're getting the BS34 parts from the same year and you should be fine. I've gotten the butterfly rod seals, float rebuild kits (needle, gasket, etc), jet needle and needle jet and everything fits fine. Since everything is sorta lumped together, just go slow and read the descriptions.