Strange Headlight Fix

junker
This post is 5636 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

When i first bought my 1988 FZ-600 there was much wrong with it. Among the many things was a very strange headlight issue that i actually procrastinated with for a year because it definitely seemed like a bad wiring issue. What would happen is that the headlights worked when I first bought the bike, then after getting it running and connecting a few things that were disconnected, the lights simply wouldn't work, very suddenly! i later figured out that the High beams would work, BUT they acted as a kill switch when the bike was running... so it was either no lights or no engine. The fuse was fine, but i replaced it just in case. -the plug was on snug (duh) and everything seemed fine except that they didn't work. So I prepped my bike for winter and got a new job, blah-blah-blah anyway it got put in the back of my mind until now that its spring and i wanna ride it! I got to thinking and remembered that the battery was dead when i bought it and i thought it was a little strange that the key was in the "ON" position when i picked it up. "Hmmmmmmm..... maybe the bulbs burned out because the last guy left it on for a night, or two..." - i thought. So being as stingy as I am, i Bought one new headlight ($9.99) and popped the sucker in! Voila! It works! Both!

So, this is not something i need help with, but just felt an obligation after all the help this forum gave me last summer, to post to help someone else out if they get this same puzzling problem with an older Yamaha, i know the YX Radian, FJ600 and XJ600 share alot of parts and systems with my FZ600, so chances are that the wiring is the same. HOPE THIS HELPS! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks for the info, hopefully useful in the future (if anyone bothers to search!! <_< )

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online