YBR125 2009

Capt Scarlet
This post is 5560 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Recently I purchased a front cowling for my Yamaha YBR125, went to fit it today, as was incredibly surprised to find that the mounting brackets are about an inch out of mounting.

When the dealer ordered them in, they did say '06, but immediately dismissed that these would be any different (the headlight hasn't changed on the YBR over the years).

I was wondering if anyone else has had one of these screens, what it was like to fit, and what year your ybr is.

It does look like I can bodge it, but I don't want to run the risk of bending the brackets to find that it still doesn't fit, and then I can't return them.

Has anyone else had one of these Yamaha screens?

Cheers,

Tom

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Recently I purchased a front cowling for my Yamaha YBR125, went to fit it today, as was incredibly surprised to find that the mounting brackets are about an inch out of mounting.

When the dealer ordered them in, they did say '06, but immediately dismissed that these would be any different (the headlight hasn't changed on the YBR over the years).

Looking at the Yamaha website (http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/acc_overview.jsp#MC+Acc/125CC/YBR125), it looks as if one type of screen is specific to the '06 model, but the 'Sports Screen' is supplied as either '05-'06 or '07-'09, so I assume there is a difference.

So for the earlier models there are 3 different coloured screens, but the later models only have the black sports screen available.

Looking at the Yamaha website (http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/acc_overview.jsp#MC+Acc/125CC/YBR125), it looks as if one type of screen is specific to the '06 model, but the 'Sports Screen' is supplied as either '05-'06 or '07-'09, so I assume there is a difference.

So for the earlier models there are 3 different coloured screens, but the later models only have the black sports screen available.

there is a dfference, inbetween the 05-06 and the 07-09, even though there isnt much. on the 09 one (for short, cant be asked doing 07 blah blah) there is no mounting on it in the yamaha website. the o5 has a mounting fitted. take it back to the dealer and ask for a 2D7-W0710-10-00 screen, if ur bike is the 09 one.

goodluck m8

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online