tw 125 pickup coil

muttey
This post is 4662 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got a TW125 as a bad runner, it’s now packed up altogether because there was no spark. I replaced the CDI box and ignition coil because the pickup coil resistance (626 OHMS) check was OK, but still no spark? I pulled off the side engine cover to check the pickup coil only to find that it is magnetized. Is this right? It only gives out 0.16 volts when I turn the engine over (I thought it should give out 2-3 volts) a continuity test proves OK and there are no shorts to earth in the pickup coil, I cannot get hold of a coil to check whether its meant to be magnetized or not, or to test as a replacement, Help

• 2 years later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Muttey, did you ever get this sorted as I have the same problem. I cannot find the correct OHMS readings online anywhere to check against. But my problem seems the same as yours. No spark. We are going to try and get another coil, wire it up and see if it sparks, but any help would be great.

Just got a TW125 as a bad runner, it’s now packed up altogether because there was no spark. I replaced the CDI box and ignition coil because the pickup coil resistance (626 OHMS) check was OK, but still no spark? I pulled off the side engine cover to check the pickup coil only to find that it is magnetized. Is this right? It only gives out 0.16 volts when I turn the engine over (I thought it should give out 2-3 volts) a continuity test proves OK and there are no shorts to earth in the pickup coil, I cannot get hold of a coil to check whether its meant to be magnetized or not, or to test as a replacement, Help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online