1987 fz600

robanglim
This post is 5630 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey everyone got some picsof my 1987 fz600thanks to goth{thanks goth}fztor1makeover044.jpg this is what it was like, back wheel seized and cant see it but dif colour to the front horrid but mine both mirrors smashed gutted

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

petrol tank off ,all fairing brackets off, wiring shiffted so i could spray the frame pearl blackpearescent{03}from motorworld fztor1makeover015-1.jpglsprayed theheel gaurds but the didnt stand out fztor1makeover019.jpgso bought some wire mesh (again motorworld)and glass fibre compoundfztor1makeover026.jpgsprayed the mesh red(says red24 on can its brightred fztor1makeover022.jpgsprayed the heel gaurds again fztor1makeover020.jpgmadeup the glass fibre(1 golf ball size glass fibre to 3 pea size hardener i needed it to set quickly if u not sure add less hardener it gives u more time to make adjustments )pushed the mesh in to heel gaurd and trimmed fztor1makeover027.jpg so looks like thisfztor1makeover028.jpg and wen dried fztor1makeover029.jpg def looks better

thanks nath was unsure what people would say about ripping up an old fz but i needed it to be a 1 off think its going that way now mate il have sizes of the brackets done later for u buddy

lifted up on bricks (needed to make sure she was safe no chance of topple)back wheel off i placed wood under swing arm as its softer than metal so wont scratch it underneathfztor1makeover087.jpg after 3 coats of high fill primer4 coats of pearl black(03)and 4 coats of laquer (placed rag on chain so didnt mess it up fztor1makeover084.jpg back wheel ,i have given it wire brush to get rid of the loose paint and stuff 2 coats of high build primer 3 coats pearl black(03)and 3 coats of laquer then on to the chain adjustorsfztor1makeover085.jpg look better red fztor1makeover086.jpg and these looking nice now i went over the teeth on the cog so it wouldnt build up rubbish on chain swing arm dry now got rid of the 20 years of crap build up fztor1makeover087.jpg then its all ready to go back together DSC00510.jpg next chain gaurd DSC00526.jpg looking nicer now ,respray of red24 on seat unit fztor1makeover012.jpg and get rid of ugly yellow stripe fztor1makeover088.jpg hope u guys and girls like it so far

looks good i also have a 87 fz600 and been looking for some ideas, the rear end looks far better with the r1 seat unit on, have you finished the bike yet if not when you have cant wait to see what it looks like,

thanks old timer no not yet finished,i had a r1 front mudgaurd a thundercat tank, r6 swing arm and wheel ,but where all stolen so set back a bit now ,done my carbs fztor1makeover078.jpg what a nightmare getting them off ,took back upper bolts out of rear subframe and let it rest on wheel , cleaned air-box and sprayed mettalic black,ecu red fztor1makeover080.jpg gear rod done fztor1makeover079.jpg started on front end DSC00516.jpg i bought some l plates from focus to extend the r1 fairing bracket ,needed it just off the key point ,any higher and the handle bars caught the bottom of the fairing ,any lower and it was the block oil cover hitting the top of fairing so these where bob on DSC00517.jpg needed some holes drilled but still strong , i swayed the bike on both sides by holding the bracket to make sure it was strong DSC00518.jpg now when i move the bars nothing catches DSC00519.jpg

thanks for putting more pics up nice to see other folks projects and how they are coming along, where in cheshire are

you i often go for a ride through the cheshire countryside as my mum lives near wilmslow, nice pics of your fibreglass

work as well on your other thread.

i live in winsford ,hey there is always a kettle on the go here ,next time u down this way come for a brew same goes for any of u, if u up near me pop in ,always a welcome for fellow bikers :lol:

got a bit bored today so thought i would try some thing different with stuff ive got , :D ok so take one can bin lid fztor1makeover030.jpg cut the sides off with this fztor1makeover031.jpg so its like this fztor1makeover032.jpgfztor1makeover034.jpgfztor1makeover036.jpg u no where im going with this check to make sure it fits fztor1makeover037.jpg and primer and spray red fztor1makeover035.jpg one undertray and saved 60 quid job done :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online