2000 XJ1300

sluggo
This post is 5640 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I need some help.

My XJ cut out in the middle of a hairpin (slow, luckily) and I went down. No major damage aonly broken levers.

It re-started immediately and ran fine for 15 mins. then cut out again. This kept on happening all the way back home sometimes every couple of minutes.

When I got home I started checking the wiring and found the wires from the sidestand cut-out had been caught under a cover near the starter motor and had shorted out and burnt the insulation.

I had the sprockets and chain replaced the week before so I assume it was a rough job done by the shop mechanic when replacing the covers and clutch master cylinder.

I replaced the faulty wiring and the bike started without a problem. I took it for a short run and all seemed fine.

An hour later I started it up and as soon as I put it into gear the motor stopped. I checked my handiwork and everything was fine but the bike will not run when put into gear -- it stops dead.

I know there is a cutout system that imitates this condition when the sidestand is down but this is happening with the sidestand up.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be ??

Sluggo.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online