dt175 airbox

This post is 5559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

i am rebuilding an 81 dt 175,have most major bits except airbox,running a fesco front pipe,tail pipe not yet aquired,does anyone have an airbox or a good idea how to get bike running well on k&n style filter,jetting etc.

cheers

mark.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes it is,i have part of the airbox,numpty before me chopped all the front out to fit k&n type filter,not my preferred route.

cheers

mark.

yes it is,i have part of the airbox,numpty before me chopped all the front out to fit k&n type filter,not my preferred route.

cheers

mark.

Ok so you have the battery housing if you go down the pod filter route, its just a matter of going up slightly on the main jet, possibly a 135 or 140, buy both they are not expensive and start with the biggest first.

or bide your time and search for an airbox, beware though that you get one for a square sect swing arm as they differ from the earlier round sect swing arm models. they do come up on ebay now and again, although not often.

Ok so you have the battery housing if you go down the pod filter route, its just a matter of going up slightly on the main jet, possibly a 135 or 140, buy both they are not expensive and start with the biggest first.

or bide your time and search for an airbox, beware though that you get one for a square sect swing arm as they differ from the earlier round sect swing arm models. they do come up on ebay now and again, although not often.

think i will wait for airbox,no immediate rush,carb has a 160 main jet as standard,took me ages to get oil tank as that was missing as well,i will keep trauling fleabay.

cheers

mark.

,carb has a 160 main jet as standard,

mark.

Carb has a 130 jet as standard, has yours got a 160 in?, sounds big...be interesting to hear how it runs with that. so you had no oil tank...dont forget to bleed and prime the pump when the time comes. ;)

Carb has a 130 jet as standard, has yours got a 160 in?, sounds big...be interesting to hear how it runs with that. so you had no oil tank...dont forget to bleed and prime the pump when the time comes. ;)

carb that is on it is a 3u500,manual states 160 jet,thats what it has in(4j4 model not 2k4)dont know what the difference is.

cheers

mark.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online