XS400 Maxim Newbie Needs Carbs

TexCech
This post is 5610 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Everybody, I'm a Newbie here. I got a 1982 Yamaha XS400 Maxim with 3K miles. It's in great shape, BUT the carbs are trashed. I'm looking for some replacements. Anybody out there that can help me????? :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Everybody, I'm a Newbie here. I got a 1982 Yamaha XS400 Maxim with 3K miles. It's in great shape, BUT the carbs are trashed. I'm looking for some replacements. Anybody out there that can help me????? :D

It's pretty rare for them to be so bad that you can't rebuild them. What is it about them that makes you think that they are not fixable? They can seem pretty bad as times but if you get a good carb kit, it comes with the most needed parts (needle valves, valve seats and gaskets) normally needed. I tried 3 replacemend carb sets with mine and ALL of them were worse then mine, and after rebuilding them they now work great (and it idles and runs perfectly now), I just need to replace all the gaskets in the engine now from it's long sitting time, plan on doing that this fall.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this gets to you, but I still need carbs for my XS400. One of the jet cavities was distroyed trying to get it out, so I need another set. Can't repair this one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online