Re using Swing arm Bushes?

This post is 5563 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone been that impatient, or skint to not buy new swing arm bushes and re use old ones? Ive drifted them out of a spare swing arm but in the haynes manual it claims its impossible to do without damaging the bush. They wanna charge me 55 quid for all 4 bushes, 2 shims and 2 oil seals, and make me wait til later next week because its easter.

So im tempted to re use the ones ive drifted out as they dont look to bad, was just wondering if anyone has done this before and then had loads of play as a result? Its only a field bike so doesnt need to pass mot.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A field bike...just do it, I would also cut right through the bushes (lengthways) just once (I dont mean cut them in half) with a hacksaw, you will find them much easier to re fit.

Oh right ok... Ill try just drifting them back in i think to stop any play forming. They seem pretty good condition.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online