help

mrbump
This post is 5644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there i originally posted this in the custom section but i guess it should go here anyways

I hope that one of the knowledgeable members can help me out. I keep losing power on my xvs 125 dragstar it feels as if the fuel is cutting out, i have had the carbs cleaned to no avail. It starts fine even when left for a while but when you give it some throttle it dies unless you back off and then really coax the power on slowly. This happens about 80 % of the time i can ride for 10 miles before it happens or i might get lucky and it doesn't happen at all.. Its driving me mad cause no one seems to have a clue :blink: so i would be really grateful if someone can shed some light on it for me. Cheers guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

low float height gives this effect,

try looking at this site as it explains carbs and different probs

drewps

Hi there i originally posted this in the custom section but i guess it should go here anyways

I hope that one of the knowledgeable members can help me out. I keep losing power on my xvs 125 dragstar it feels as if the fuel is cutting out, i have had the carbs cleaned to no avail. It starts fine even when left for a while but when you give it some throttle it dies unless you back off and then really coax the power on slowly. This happens about 80 % of the time i can ride for 10 miles before it happens or i might get lucky and it doesn't happen at all.. Its driving me mad cause no one seems to have a clue :blink: so i would be really grateful if someone can shed some light on it for me. Cheers guys.

Hi could be pulling a vacuum in the fuel tank, it me take aroun 10 miles to pull enough vacuum to cause problems, check any vent lines on tank or any vent holes in filler cap. Next time it happens stop the bike and open the filler cap see if you hear any inrush of air and also see if having done this the problem has briefly gone away.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online