fazer 1000 - creamy oil

vil_guy
This post is 5646 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, newbie here on the old yammy forum. But a proper forumite on lots of others :D

Anyways down to business.

Just got an 05 fazer thou for a seriously good price. But it has a minor issue. Engine oils going all creamy so coolant getting in there somehow. Just wondering if there was any typical issues with the r1 engine such as the oil cooler etc. I know that it leaks coolant when its knackered but I read somewhere about if the drain hole is blocked by some retard trying to stop the leak then it pressurises the oil cooler seal and pisses into the gearbox.

Im not too worried as even if its the head gasket its easy enough. But dont want to do the head if it isnt that! if you get what i mean.

It doesnt seem to lose much coolant and it doesnt overheat or anything.

Coolant in the rad dropped maybe 10-15mm after sitting on the drive for 10 minute running. The rad was full to the brim when starting so it lost around 50ml or so.

Anyways any help would be mucho apprecianardo! :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online