good motorcros bike ?

This post is 5523 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

what would be a good MX bike for me im 6ft1 and 15stone

i was thinking of a yz 125 2stroke 2002 -2009 one of those models i wont be racing it just prating around on a field with it and maybe some jumps idk

and what is a good price for these bike as i have seen a 2002 for £850 and looks in good condish and they say it runs first time im not sure how much i will have to spend all depends on how my shairs rise in price :/

any alternativs

or shold i just get a banshie quad or a yfz 450cc but that would take a lot of saving

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why not look for a road legal bike and use it on the green lanes ?

Field bikes are great fun, but limited and you have to find some place to play. Getting a road legal bike is just as much fun, but you get to go to lots of other places too??

Try getting TBM from the newsagents, it's a small mag, A5 sort of size, cost you £3.50 and is monthly - there's loads of info in there on off-road stuff (MX, Enduro, Green Lane etc) and always a couple of pages of bikes for sale.

Consider;

DR ? Anywhere from £500 - £2500

Honda XR or XL

TTR, TTR,E

Why not look for a road legal bike and use it on the green lanes ?

Field bikes are great fun, but limited and you have to find some place to play. Getting a road legal bike is just as much fun, but you get to go to lots of other places too??

Try getting TBM from the newsagents, it's a small mag, A5 sort of size, cost you £3.50 and is monthly - there's loads of info in there on off-road stuff (MX, Enduro, Green Lane etc) and always a couple of pages of bikes for sale.

Consider;

DR ? Anywhere from £500 - £2500

Honda XR or XL

TTR, TTR,E

ok thanks will take a look :)

I'd go with the dual purpose route - but I'm biased. The YZ line is great, but remember it's a race bike so it will go like hell, but with power comes rebuilds. I've seen my fair share of blown up engines and most are catastrophic. Newer style cylinders need to be replated and aren't as cheap and simple as boring out the cylinder and replacing a piston.

Since it's purely an off-road machine, you'll need to look into getting a trailer unless you live on a large stretch of trails.

well the thing is it would be used purely to mess about on the fields over the back of where i live there is also a disused rail way that many people use

and i did like the idea of a dual sport but i do have a road bike

and how often do you have to rebuild these thing ????

what would be a good MX bike for me im 6ft1 and 15stone

i was thinking of a yz 125 2stroke 2002 -2009 one of those models i wont be racing it just prating around on a field with it and maybe some jumps idk

and what is a good price for these bike as i have seen a 2002 for £850 and looks in good condish and they say it runs first time im not sure how much i will have to spend all depends on how my shairs rise in price :/

any alternativs

or shold i just get a banshie quad or a yfz 450cc but that would take a lot of saving

Id go for a DT. I ride a the later electric start version on the road, and have recently finished rebuilding a 2002 one for offroad use, now putting together and 86 Dt125lc mk3. They are fantastic bikes, i know its a slightly biasses opinion but for a 125 they suprise people all the time.

My friends of a similar build as you describe and he rides a 2002 model.

Id try and get hold of one thats failed mot, or being taken off the road and convert it yourself if you have the time/money. If not theres plenty on ebay etc as evryone seems to use these as field bikes. Best of luck and if you need any advice id be happy to offer the little knowledge i have :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online