Micro Exhaust for '03 R1

Andsom
This post is 5639 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello and this is my first post!

Just bought an 03 R1 and I live and work in Saudi Arabia. Exhaust noise is less of an issue here than in the UK!

My bike has a (loud!) Micro exhaust. I'm told (and in ads I've seen for this system) that you do not need to alter the ignition/fuelling. However I'm not convinced, but I don't have access to a dyno.

Has anyone run this exhaust without any problems?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello and this is my first post!

Just bought an 03 R1 and I live and work in Saudi Arabia. Exhaust noise is less of an issue here than in the UK!

My bike has a (loud!) Micro exhaust. I'm told (and in ads I've seen for this system) that you do not need to alter the ignition/fuelling. However I'm not convinced, but I don't have access to a dyno.

Has anyone run this exhaust without any problems?

If its a full system including down pipes and if the piped are catalystic converter free then you probswould need it dyno tuning because of the increaded exhaust flow and the decreased presure so you would be running lean

im no expert but this is what hapend to my old 50cc i do know 2strokes run on the back presure from the exhaust and 4strokes arent afected as much but never the less there still is an afect

Your bike will be fuel injected being a 2003 model.

You will need to re-map the ECU for ANY modifications to the fuel system away from OE spec. This includes a simple slip on end can.

Your best bet would be to purchase a Power Commander and download the appropriate fuelling map from their website to suit your end can and setup.

you do have the option of leaving the bike as it is but you won't see any performance gains, fuel economy will slump and the engine will run well away from the optimum mixture causing premature internal wear.

Thanks for the advice so far!

I feel that it's actually running a little rich! I haven't checked the plugs yet!

I don't have problem with fuel consumption - they make the stuff here and it's really cheap! However I am worried about engine damage! So that comes down to if the Power Commander guys do a map for my exhaust!

So does anyone know if there is a Power Commander map for the Micro Exhaust system fitted to an 03 R1?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online