Yamaha dt125 1986 ( Mk lll ?)

This post is 5566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i ride an 05 Dtr on the road and recently bought a lot of ebay which consisted of a complete 2002 Dtr which was a non runner, and a medley of parts that was clearly someones project that got abandoned. All off road ofcourse.

I've had the 02 dt apart, engine rebuild and its now running like a dream, well apart from the fuel tap seal failing on me, which apparently you cannot get hold of so guess its a whole new tap....

Anyway i digress, the original point is about the rest of the parts....

He tells me that all the parts are there to make a complete 1986 dt. Looking at the bits i see that there are a few differences between the later Dt's and these Dt125Lc's... (the exhaust comes off the other side, etc) nothing big.

1st off. Am i right in thinking that a 1986 dt would be an Lc mk lll ?

2ndly Im currently bringing the swinging arm back to metal so i can respray it and i just noticed in some photos 2 Dt's with fairly different swinging arms, as follows.

The 2 arms that ive got look like the ones on this.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%2...2085%20%201.jpg

However this one seems to have an extra metal supporting bar of some kind going up diagonally towards the seat?

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/yamaha/1983/...c%20Leclerc.jpg

Just wondering if there is anyone thats played with these bikes and knows if ive got the wrong swing arm.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Ive ordered the haynes manual, so i hope thats in the post but im eager to atleast get the wheels on so that i can move the frame and forks out of my parents dining room.....i say im eager...they are :)

I have photos of all parts if this helps just let me know what to upload.

Cheers Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online