Tank sticker

Silver Fox
This post is 5644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dear all,

I'm sure this is embedded in another post somewhere but looked long and hard and couldn't find it.

I know people have had problems removing the tank sticker on bikes and today I removed my own in about 10 mins with no residue left. I thought i'd leave a post for any others that are having trouble.

1) Get a hair dryer and heat the sticker starting on one corner. Once hot(ish) start peeling. Be aware the glue will remain on the tank.....this is normal. Keep heating the sticker and pulling so that the white piece comes off in one.

2) This is the annoying bit. Starting on the edges and working into the middle keep heating the glue with the hair dryer and using your fingers/thumbs rub/roll the glue into the centre. Once there's enough to grab hold of simply pull it off.

3) Once you've got rid of most of the glue get a damp cloth and spray a small amount of WD40 on the glue and rub it off. Rinse the cloth and continue until all the glue has gone then simply buff and voila......a clean tank ready for a tank pad.

Hope this helps.

Foxy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online