my yamaha dt 125 keeps dying in the rain

niiick
This post is 5645 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone, i know this could be a simple problem, but i took my bike out today for the first time in the rain, i only had the bike 3 days, it is a 1998 dt 125, for some reason it keeps just dying on me as i ride down the road, i went for a ten mile ride and it must have died about 5 times, anyone could help me would be greatly apreciated. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone, i know this could be a simple problem, but i took my bike out today for the first time in the rain, i only had the bike 3 days, it is a 1998 dt 125, for some reason it keeps just dying on me as i ride down the road, i went for a ten mile ride and it must have died about 5 times, anyone could help me would be greatly apreciated. ;)

check your airfillters mite need new ones

probably the spark plug and HT lead. This happened to me years ago, the spark plug was knackered (2-strokes chew plugs up) and the lead got wet, the insulating sheath of the HT lead broke-down (its resistance was reduced) and the HT opted to short strapght to the top of the engine rather that cause a spark at the plug.

solution, new plug, HT lead and liberal dosing of silicon spray.

probably the spark plug and HT lead. This happened to me years ago, the spark plug was knackered (2-strokes chew plugs up) and the lead got wet, the insulating sheath of the HT lead broke-down (its resistance was reduced) and the HT opted to short strapght to the top of the engine rather that cause a spark at the plug.

solution, new plug, HT lead and liberal dosing of silicon spray.

okay well i dont know much about bikes, i dont even know what a HT lead is, would it be simple for someone who knows what they are doing to fix, and how much about would you think it would cost?

okay well i dont know much about bikes, i dont even know what a HT lead is, would it be simple for someone who knows what they are doing to fix, and how much about would you think it would cost?

get yourself a haynes manual and have a try yourself, if you can. plug £3, lead maybe £12. Should be an easy job on a DT.

Where abouts are you? if you are near me, ill happily show you how to do it (im in bristol), edit: just saw you are in neath, if you can wait til saturday morning, i can come over and help you out (if you have a few tools).

dealer would charge maybe £30 for this.

get yourself a haynes manual and have a try yourself, if you can. plug £3, lead maybe £12. Should be an easy job on a DT.

Where abouts are you? if you are near me, ill happily show you how to do it (im in bristol), edit: just saw you are in neath, if you can wait til saturday morning, i can come over and help you out (if you have a few tools).

dealer would charge maybe £30 for this.

no its okay neath is like about 60 miles away, a fair way, my mate is a motorcycle mechanic, he will help me, thanks for offering though, i will buy the parts tomoro, thank you very much for your help.

no its okay neath is like about 60 miles away, a fair way, my mate is a motorcycle mechanic, he will help me, thanks for offering though, i will buy the parts tomoro, thank you very much for your help.

not too bad, me and some other peeps rode to aberystwyth on sunday afternoon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online