Need help with a 93 XJ600S

XJbabygirl
This post is 5631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently bought a 93 XJ600S (it was so cheap I couldn't pass it up) and it needs a lot of work (hence why it was cheap lol). I am needing some help with finding that parts that I need for it. I have a vague idea of what I need but the one that most parts websites are set up into different categories I'm having a hard time finding them. Does anybody know which categories on most part websites I could find the carbs and stater (sp?) and the magneito (sp?). I know I need all 4 carbs and there's a magnet piece that goes with the stater and I want to guess that's in the crankcase section of the parts websites but I havent the slightest clue which part it is and don't want to order the wrong one. :huh:

(Yes, as you may have guessed this is the first bike I've rebuilt and I'm doing it without any physical help.) :P

Also, I've gotten the fenders and wheel cover sanded down, primered and ready to paint but I need the front cowl/fairing as well as the piece that goes between the seat and the tail light. Any ideas where I might find either of those?

Thanks for any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I recently bought a 93 XJ600S (it was so cheap I couldn't pass it up) and it needs a lot of work (hence why it was cheap lol). I am needing some help with finding that parts that I need for it. I have a vague idea of what I need but the one that most parts websites are set up into different categories I'm having a hard time finding them. Does anybody know which categories on most part websites I could find the carbs and stater (sp?) and the magneito (sp?). I know I need all 4 carbs and there's a magnet piece that goes with the stater and I want to guess that's in the crankcase section of the parts websites but I havent the slightest clue which part it is and don't want to order the wrong one. :huh:

(Yes, as you may have guessed this is the first bike I've rebuilt and I'm doing it without any physical help.) :P

Also, I've gotten the fenders and wheel cover sanded down, primered and ready to paint but I need the front cowl/fairing as well as the piece that goes between the seat and the tail light. Any ideas where I might find either of those?

Thanks for any help.

Does anybody know if the stator from a 96 FZR600 will work on a 93 XJ600?

Does anybody know if the stator from a 96 FZR600 will work on a 93 XJ600?

i dont think it will, i just looked on the schematics on bikebandit.com and the part numbers are different and the nomenclature looks different in the picture.

I know I need all 4 carbs and there's a magnet piece that goes with the stater and I want to guess that's in the crankcase section of the parts websites but I havent the slightest clue which part it is and don't want to order the wrong one. :huh:

I need the front cowl/fairing as well as the piece that goes between the seat and the tail light. Any ideas where I might find either of those?

Ya mean this magnet piece?.... :unsure:

0014.Gif

A.K.A. Pick-up coil assembly. ;)

Couldn't find the rear tail-section, but the front cowling can also be found HERE

BTW..... :welcome: to the forum

Ya mean this magnet piece?.... :unsure:

0014.Gif

A.K.A. Pick-up coil assembly. ;)

Couldn't find the rear tail-section, but the front cowling can also be found HERE

BTW..... :welcome: to the forum

Where did you get the schematic from ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online