Rear drum brake ybr125

alexander foti
This post is 5650 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there.

I just got my bike back from the garage and I now have a weird sensation when I brake with my back brake.

If Im on a hill I can hold the back brake hard and move the bike a good inch or so.

I have a look down while doing this and it seems as though the inner part of the drum brake has about an inch worth of play now?

Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this as its very dangerous!

Thanks in advance

Alexander

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Alexander, The drum brake back plate (the bit that doesnt move) will have either a metal bar (Torque Arm) bolted to it and at the other end the metal bar is bolted to the frame somewhere near the footrest

or...instead of the torque arm the back plate will have a slot in it, there will be part of the swing arm that fits into this slot.

Both these methods are used, not sure which yours is but either way the back plate should be fixed firm so check this out.

Hi Alexander, The drum brake back plate (the bit that doesnt move) will have either a metal bar (Torque Arm) bolted to it and at the other end the metal bar is bolted to the frame somewhere near the footrest

or...instead of the torque arm the back plate will have a slot in it, there will be part of the swing arm that fits into this slot.

Both these methods are used, not sure which yours is but either way the back plate should be fixed firm so check this out.

It has a torque bar connected to it. The bar had a bolt that was fairly loose. I tightend it up again and rode around for 20 minutes but it became loose again. How tight am I meant to do it?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online