Indicators failed!

Daz1977
This post is 5650 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi There

I have been rebuilding a 1982 yamaha xj 650 it for the last year, the bike wasn't sold with indicators, but still.....I bought some and fitted them they should be on the bike, after a few crossed wires all indicators started working and got all lights etc working, but came to test today, first the left hand side stopped working, then the right failed, and also the horn has stopped too. I have tried testing the bulbs they are fine, tested the fuses with a volt meter they seem ok, I have done a reading earth frame to starter flasher relay with no reading, I am speculating that it's the flasher relay, could anyone shed any more light on this problem?.

From a wannabe biker!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if the relay is not supplying a reading then that is most likely the fault. replace that and try the indicators again

also test your regulator/rectifier unit as this may have caused the relay to fail in the first place

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online