05 XT125X Petrol Leak

This post is 5650 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I recently bought a 2005 XT125X which has been running fine, until I accidentily managed to get some water in the petrol tank. After draining the tank and carb, the bike ran fine again, but I now notice that the fuel vent pipe is leaking petrol. about a drip every 10-12 seconds.

It doesnt drip while the bike is running, but when off it leaves a puddle and wont stop until the bike is started. The other problem is that it seems to stall a fair bit, but I think I may have tightened the idle speed screw when putting the carb back together, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thought I'd post an image of the vent pipe, and the icy deposit I found this morning on the end of the pipe. This wasn't blocking the pipe, but makes me think maybe there's water in there as well? Would this happen if it was just petrol, also this is a build up over 2 days.

pipeq.jpg

could it be water in the petrol cap?

as for the stalling is it instantly cutting out or gradually fading? next time it stalls check the spark and note the colour on the end of the spark plug.

i would reccomend thoroughly draining the tank and fuel system, drying it out and rebuilding it piece by piece to eliminate any moisture in the system

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online