Shifting to first gear

Roar Bree
This post is 5577 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I bought a Yamaha Dragstar XVS 125 today. I took it for a test ride and then rode it home. When I got in for work I decided to take it for a ride but every so often, the engine seems to stall and just when I have shifted into 1st. I though it may be something I was doing so I had had a couple of my experienced rider friends have a go... they seem to have the same issue. Once it has stalled, it takes about 5/10 mins before it will even start up again.

I am going to get the dealer to have a look at it tomorrow but I’m really confused about what the problem may be. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Was it easily resolved?

Any feedback would be great. I just want to put my mind at rest.

Many thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It might be an intermittent fault on the stand switch

Just check if the side stand bolt loose, nipping that up may solve your problem.

Check also your oil level.

Too much will cause problems.

Thanks for all the advice! The garage came and picked it up this morning, turns out there was a fuel flow problem. I took her for a spin tonight and she is working fine! I have some really good tips though so I should have more of an idea should somthing like this happen again.

Thanks guys!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online