hey im a new fella

brandaha
This post is 5517 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:blink: HELLO ALL!!! MY NAMES BRANDON AND I AM OF COURSE A NEWB, BUT I NEED HELP.

I am going to be buying a 87 or 88 fz 600. its only got 5,000+ miles on it.

i know about dirt bike, however this just so happens to be my first street bike.

Needless to say i am super excited but i just don't want it to be a money pitt. so heres

the deal when i stick the key in i will get cranks and no spark, I was reading last night.

and saw another guy had a simular problem. the cdi on my bike was just replaced part bought from ebay.

and same with the magneto coil I believe that the name. the other guy said he replaced those same part and got

good results so since I already have what the heck should I do next.

any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a chopper mechanic here in town i just am not ready

to get rapped on the service fee's.I would love to get on the road before all my good weather's gone

i live in washington and its cold alot but springs sorta here and summer can be short

Brandon

thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i live in washington"

Welcome brandon " is that D.C. or State of WASHINGTON" U must be on the same latitude as us here . [spring ]

Any way . Theres also the pulser coils [ on backing plate magneto] they time the signal to the C.D.I.

[capassitor Discharge, Ignitor] , and the coils also . But always check the cheapest component first[ plugs] leads, caps . before spending a fortune on . the afore mentioned. ;)

i live in washington"

Welcome brandon " is that D.C. or State of WASHINGTON" U must be on the same latitude as us here . [spring ]

Any way . Theres also the pulser coils [ on backing plate magneto] they time the signal to the C.D.I.

[capassitor Discharge, Ignitor] , and the coils also . But always check the cheapest component first[ plugs] leads, caps . before spending a fortune on . the afore mentioned. ;)

Washington state by the way i bought the bike oh my goodness is that thing my dream nevermind that it aint quite running i hope to fix that soon but i already love it and i have had it for oh about 2:45 . I just wanna ride it.

Id give up lol... No actually I wish you best of luck!

Im annoyed that I couldnt get mine running from 1988 :/

Done allsorts got loads of spare parts but just no joy... Plus I cant get a new wiring loom anywhere in the UK :/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online