dt175 jetting

This post is 5664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok so i have put on a vm24 roundslide mikuni onto a dt175e. the probelm is, im a total newb to bikes (only worked on trucks until now) and i have no idea how to adjust this thing so that it runs right. a fellow yamahacluber informed me on the settings:

Main Jet 140

Needle Jet 0-2

Jet Needle 4J13 Clip posn 3

Pilot Jet 22.5

Air screw 1 14 turns out

Float level 21mm

but that doesnt really mean alot...so could anyone out there walk me through this? maybe even a couple pictures? thank you in advance..

rob

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok so i have put on a vm24 roundslide mikuni onto a dt175e. the probelm is, im a total newb to bikes (only worked on trucks until now) and i have no idea how to adjust this thing so that it runs right. a fellow yamahacluber informed me on the settings:

Main Jet 140

Needle Jet 0-2

Jet Needle 4J13 Clip posn 3

Pilot Jet 22.5

Air screw 1 14 turns out

Float level 21mm

but that doesnt really mean alot...so could anyone out there walk me through this? maybe even a couple pictures? thank you in advance..

rob

Lets start here, do you have the old carburator slide, if you do you should have the correct jet needle.

no unfortunetly i bought it without a carb or any carb components

Where are you located.

south boston, mass why?

If you want to send me the carburator, I will set it up for you. I am in Georgia.