ker-plinck, ka-chink, ka-chunk,

mits007
This post is 5537 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ka-plunkk, ka-klunk, ka-plank, ka-chhank, kklankk, eeeeeewwwwww, *Cringes*

the noises when I flip my side stand on my dragstar, awwwww, I suppose some neoprene tape would cushion it slightly, (although I've gotten into the habit of ssslllllowwwly fliping the side stand in)

So this must be normal on dragstars, have any of you dragstar owners done anything to alleviate this annoying, painful, metallic clunk - chrome meeting chrome..... :mellow:

ka-chink, ka-chhank, kklankk, ka-chunk, ka-plunkk,

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww :o

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just get a dull TUNK when I flip mine up.

yeah, that could be it - does it not bake you cringe though?.... or is it just me?!?... and errr- yeah, TUNK sounds more like it as opposed to Ker-chunk, etc lol

Nope.

Both mine and the Taskmistress's 650 Drags do this.

Be worried when the engine starts making those noises!!

yep, a definite dull tunk sound which really makes me cringe!..

(Cov AL & PeterC thanks for the message, I decided to invest some time and register to photobucket, and oh!.. heres my bike... )

Pics of my bike - http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu93/000bambam000/bike/ err yeah, I guess this should be in the gallery area?!?!..

Why oh why have I got such a high pillion seat?!??!. I'd love to get a thinner one that flows with the shape of my seat..

regards,

-Mits-

yep, a definite dull tunk sound which really makes me cringe!..

Try just sweeping the stand up gently, rather than slamming?

Maybe lube the stand pivot.

Why oh why have I got such a high pillion seat?!??!. I'd love to get a thinner one that flows with the shape of my seat..

WTF???!!!

Cor, that is a bit on the hoofing side, mate......

Maybe the previous owner had a wide load for an other half?

That's not the standard back seat for a 650 Drag, either.

Plenty of custom seat makers out there, but maybe you can pick an original one from a breaker?

Cor, that is a bit on the hoofing side, mate......

Maybe the previous owner had a wide load for an other half?

Wow, that seat is MASSIVE!

view1.jpg

hehe!.. yeah, the pillion seat is really something isn't it?!?.. Will have to find a stock replacement... know any1 selling one?...

weekends looking a bit crap over here, Sundays meant to be a bit better,

• 2 weeks later...

It's a Custom, mate.

The Classic has bigger mudguards front and rear that slope very far downward and then flick up at the back. The forks have cowls on them that beef them up. The bars are usually different and there's more fancy styling bits everywhere. Also, the battery & storage compartment covers colour-match the tank, rather than being chrome (depending on chosen paint scheme) and the mudguards are metal (bringing an extra 20kg to the weight).

The indicators are placed differently, the headlights vary somewhat and a few smaller differences.

Performance-wise, the Custom is better as it's lighter and has less drag, but it's not that noticable unless you ride it like I do ;)

Here;

Custom Dragstar

Classic Dragstar

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online