1975 yamaha dt 175 problem

This post is 5519 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi I have just bought a 1975 DT 175

I am having a problem when running bike, it fires up 1st kick and revs freely but when i am riding it seems to be missing and spluttering under acceleration and there is a distinct lack of power any ideas

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi I have just bought a 1975 DT 175

I am having a problem when running bike, it fires up 1st kick and revs freely but when i am riding it seems to be missing and spluttering under acceleration and there is a distinct lack of power any ideas

cheers will try that

cheers will try that

How is it coming?

Managed to get hold of new points and condenser, but am very new to this Classic bike lark and am waiting on a workshop manual before i attempt anything.

I will keep you posted

thanks

Ray

You had better get a flywheel puller while your waiting then as you cannot change them without it.....

Managed to get hold of new points and condenser, but am very new to this Classic bike lark and am waiting on a workshop manual before i attempt anything.

I will keep you posted

thanks

Ray

I would go ahead and replace the o ring on the needle jet. Very important to the engine running correctly. The part number for the o ring is 214-14147-00-00

Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online