More Styling and Profiling!

Pete
This post is 7269 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Nice run on the XT today...150 miles! 8)

Had to pick up some computer bits in Cardiff so I thought I'd use the bike.

From Llandod to Brecon, then across the Beacons, and straight down the A470 into Cardiff.

Then back through Newport, Raglan, and Abergavenny.

Beautiful weather, the XT's definitely loosening up now, and passed 2700 miles.

Next week or so it'll be time for an oil and filter change, which will be the second one since I had it a month ago with 1600 on the clock.

As you can see, I really take my oil and filter changes seriously.....no more than 1500 miles between them.

It pays off in the end you know! 8)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you live the good life dont ya mate 8) :D glad the xt's loosening up now, getting some proper use will be doing it a world of good 8) so do you think you'll keep this one long? you sound v happy with it

I'm in a Catch 22.

I'm down on power to what I'm used to, and you do get a numb bum on longer journeys. :oops: And if you take a pillion, you better make sure it's somebody that you're intimate with.

However, it's the easiest bike to ride that I've ever had. You can go anywhere on it, it doesn't matter whether there's potholes, cattle grids, bad road surface....it just goes thumping through them like they're not there. I'm more relaxed on this than any other bike....and as you know, I've had about 45.

Handling is great, gives 55+ per gallon, it's different to other bikes on the road, and it has a lot of character.

So what could I get instead? If I got an XJR then it's another heavy bastard. I've had 2 Fazers, and I really don't like the new one anyway.

Sportsbikes are out....I don't like them and I can't do the riding position.

Don't think there's much left really....so I'll probably stick with this for a while.

The thing is, I never keep a bike long enough to get the benefit of long engine life due to the oil changes.

But I've always done it, and I'm too old to change now! :oops:

Sounds more like your advertising the XT than describing it, you getting paid for it? :lol:

I was thinking of getting an XT myself, how much should I be looking at for a used one?

Just telling it how I see it really.

It's major drawback is lack of power, so overtakes need to be more carefully planned.

Second hand? Not sure really....I know the likes of George White sell 03 platers for about £3200.