73 Rt1 Oil Change Questions

pinbill
This post is 5646 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All-

Just joined the group and had a question on changing the oil on my 73 rt1 360. I finally found a dipstick/ cap at the junk yard so I can now check the oil. Should I check the oil with the bike on the kickstand or level? Should I screw the cap all the way on or not to check it? Does anyone know about how much the bike will take, the book said 40 oz, that seemed a little high.

Thanks

Bill

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello All-

Just joined the group and had a question on changing the oil on my 73 rt1 360. I finally found a dipstick/ cap at the junk yard so I can now check the oil. Should I check the oil with the bike on the kickstand or level? Should I screw the cap all the way on or not to check it? Does anyone know about how much the bike will take, the book said 40 oz, that seemed a little high.

Thanks

Bill

Hello Bill and welcome to the YOC forum.

Check your oil with the bike upright and level, with mine the check is without screwing the cap in, dont know about yours but I would do the same unless you find out otherwise.

...Paul

Hello Bill and welcome to the YOC forum.

Check your oil with the bike upright and level, with mine the check is without screwing the cap in, dont know about yours but I would do the same unless you find out otherwise.

...Paul

Thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case. With the bike level and with the cap not screwed in I have added about 16 oz or 1 pint or 1/2 quart of oil and it seems to shift nice.

Thanks Again for the info and welcome,

I am glad to have another mechanical forum to read.

Thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case. With the bike level and with the cap not screwed in I have added about 16 oz or 1 pint or 1/2 quart of oil and it seems to shift nice.

Thanks Again for the info and welcome,

I am glad to have another mechanical forum to read.

You engine is full at 1.06 quarts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online