replacement forks for yzf750

painter
This post is 5662 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i am new to the site and need help for 30 years i have done nothing but paint motorcycles for a living but mechanical insight is not my my strong point. my yzf750 has developed the nastiest of leaks on the forks and they need replacing however o.e ones are VERY expensive ebay is the next option and here is the question if i can not get yzf forks what will fit i.e R1 R6 etc. thanks.

p.s anyone painting thier bikes and need help and how to tips let me know

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

im just getting started polishing my frame! got any ideals on getting it shiny like chrome!guy told me to get all different grits of sandpaper and get to sanding! once i go threw all grits of sandpaper then use a polishing compound and polishing wheel! does that sound right for polishing aluminum!

im just getting started polishing my frame! got any ideals on getting it shiny like chrome!guy told me to get all different grits of sandpaper and get to sanding! once i go threw all grits of sandpaper then use a polishing compound and polishing wheel! does that sound right for polishing aluminum!

you might want to start a new thread for this or search old threads. i would avoid using 'sandpaper' (glasspaper) as even the fine stuff will leave scratches. You need to use a silicon carbide / wet and dry paper, in progressively finer stages until you are down to 1200 or finer. then polish with mop wheels and polishing soap. then solvol or similar.

remember once you have polished a frame, you will spend a lot of time keeping it shiny. if it gets water on it that will leave spots you have to get out. you can laquer it, but often the laquer yellows after a short time.

look at various bike forums about the pros/cons of doing this, as once you start and remove the anodise, you cant really go back.

hi i am new to the site and need help for 30 years i have done nothing but paint motorcycles for a living but mechanical insight is not my my strong point. my yzf750 has developed the nastiest of leaks on the forks and they need replacing however o.e ones are VERY expensive ebay is the next option and here is the question if i can not get yzf forks what will fit i.e R1 R6 etc. thanks.

p.s anyone painting thier bikes and need help and how to tips let me know

Thundercat or pre-2000 R6 forks will fit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online