fzr 1000 1988-1989 cdi unit

vtrsp1nutter
This post is 5659 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

please help i am in the process in building a bike powered rascal van . the engine is in and all i need to know is what wires goes where in the cdi unit . i have no plugs which is a problem but if anyone knows which terminals are which would be a great help .the cdi unit is tid14-57 2gh - 10

the plugs look like this . there are two plugs . please please help .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

a---- b-----,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, e ----- f---- g-----

c---- d-----,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,h----- i----- j-----

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have lettered them to make it a bit more easy to understand .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

please help i am in the process in building a bike powered rascal van . the engine is in and all i need to know is what wires goes where in the cdi unit . i have no plugs which is a problem but if anyone knows which terminals are which would be a great help .the cdi unit is tid14-57 2gh - 10

the plugs look like this . there are two plugs . please please help .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

a---- b-----,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, e ----- f---- g-----

c---- d-----,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,h----- i----- j-----

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have lettered them to make it a bit more easy to understand .

Just wondering why you would put an R1 motor in a Suzuki van ? it would be better if you had the wire colours into the cdi so you could trace the wiring back to work out its function. Just interested, how have you sorted the drive out ? and which rear axle have you used ... I do tend to like micro vans (I have a Vespa one at present) and am interested why you didn't put the 1300 16v Daihatsu motor & axle to replace the Suzi motor & axle ? I would guess the R1 motor will have some problems powering the van as it's power/torque is going to be all wrong unless it's going to be a straight line special

Regards Jim

Just wondering why you would put an R1 motor in a Suzuki van ? it would be better if you had the wire colours into the cdi so you could trace the wiring back to work out its function. Just interested, how have you sorted the drive out ? and which rear axle have you used ... I do tend to like micro vans (I have a Vespa one at present) and am interested why you didn't put the 1300 16v Daihatsu motor & axle to replace the Suzi motor & axle ? I would guess the R1 motor will have some problems powering the van as it's power/torque is going to be all wrong unless it's going to be a straight line special

Regards Jim

hi i have build a number of bike engine conversions , i will post some pictures at a later date . i am trying not to buy a loom , but it might have to come to that unless anyone can help. i have big plans for this project as i have made a number of turbo convrsions too . the last fiat panda conversion i did it was running a turbo charged gsxr 1000 motor .i do hve a wiring diagram but with out knowing where the wires goes in the cdi i am lost .the conversion is very easy to do but you have to be good with a welder as you have to make new down pipes and propshaft . you can buy adapters to accept the prop shaft from the drive sprocket . i guess it wont handle very well but i have a set of coilovers just to handle the corning forces just so it wont topple over .

hi i have build a number of bike engine conversions , i will post some pictures at a later date . i am trying not to buy a loom , but it might have to come to that unless anyone can help. i have big plans for this project as i have made a number of turbo convrsions too . the last fiat panda conversion i did it was running a turbo charged gsxr 1000 motor .i do hve a wiring diagram but with out knowing where the wires goes in the cdi i am lost .the conversion is very easy to do but you have to be good with a welder as you have to make new down pipes and propshaft . you can buy adapters to accept the prop shaft from the drive sprocket . i guess it wont handle very well but i have a set of coilovers just to handle the corning forces just so it wont topple over .

Hi There,

from my point of view I would be able to tell you the function of each wire if I had the wire colours connected to the unit rather than physical position on the unit.... catch 22 I guess

Regards Jim

Hi There,

from my point of view I would be able to tell you the function of each wire if I had the wire colours connected to the unit rather than physical position on the unit.... catch 22 I guess

Regards Jim

yea i know if only i had the plug then it would be so easy .

yea i know if only i had the plug then it would be so easy .

Perhaps post another thread with the modal code in the subject asking for an owner of the correct modal to do a diagram of the plug they have on the bike I mentioned R1 or is the motor the olde worldie FZR1000 (circa 1990) ?

Regards Jim

Perhaps post another thread with the modal code in the subject asking for an owner of the correct modal to do a diagram of the plug they have on the bike I mentioned R1 or is the motor the olde worldie FZR1000 (circa 1990) ?

Regards Jim

i am using the older fzr motor and not the r1 engine . they are a lot stronger and take the abuse of engine conversions . i hope to turbo this engine too . but i need it to run first . hopfully soon some one can help . i was just wondering if you could put a new cdi system on the engine like a fzr 1000 1992 version ? or would the flywheel pick up points be different and alter the stactic timing ?

i am using the older fzr motor and not the r1 engine . they are a lot stronger and take the abuse of engine conversions . i hope to turbo this engine too . but i need it to run first . hopfully soon some one can help . i was just wondering if you could put a new cdi system on the engine like a fzr 1000 1992 version ? or would the flywheel pick up points be different and alter the stactic timing ?

Hi,

Do you have the pinouts for the 1992 stuff you have ? in the previous decade Yamaha tended to keeps all the plugs the same so the production of the loom to the out sourced CDI/TCI (Yamaha didn't make um !) was easier in order to reduce costs. If you have this to hand and the amount of connetors are the same there is a fair chance you have the answer

Regards Jim

Hi,

Do you have the pinouts for the 1992 stuff you have ? in the previous decade Yamaha tended to keeps all the plugs the same so the production of the loom to the out sourced CDI/TCI (Yamaha didn't make um !) was easier in order to reduce costs. If you have this to hand and the amount of connetors are the same there is a fair chance you have the answer

Regards Jim

hi jim thanks for trying to help ,but i have now sorted it at long last . someone let me take there bike apart .how kind . willl post some picture later on so you can have a look . thanks again .

hi jim thanks for trying to help ,but i have now sorted it at long last . someone let me take there bike apart .how kind . willl post some picture later on so you can have a look . thanks again .

no probs I hope the project works out

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online