who to tell if imported

ayrsrock
This post is 5679 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, newbie here im trying to find out how you can tell if an R1 is an import or not, im looking at a 2007 model that has not been registered yet, but someone has mentioned that the dealer that it is at ha sbeen in trouble before for selling bikes as uk when they have been imported, have checked with the dealer who confirm that it is not an import but how do i know,

are there different letters numbers anything in the vin number that i could check?? :mellow:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i use experian at work to check cars that are being scrapped. this tells you if they been damaged or imported, change of colour etc.

but if its not been registered it might not bring it up, could be worth a try though

Can you get the frame and engine numbers? There will be a country designation code within one or the other of them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online